Mt. Wanda / John Muir Home
Hike, Meditation, Lunch, and Tour
Saturday May 9, 2020
10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Mark your calendar! Lion’s Roar Dharma Center invites you for a field trip to Mt. Wanda and John Muir National Historic Site on Saturday, May 9, 2020, for:
- A hike/saunter (2 miles, 600 feet in elevation);
- Meditation under the fruit orchard (Bring your yoga mat if you have one);
- Lunch (will be provided); and
- A tour of John Muir’s family home.
Please RSVP via email to Hollie Desouza at email@example.com by April 25, 2020. Dana donation of $10 to benefit Lion’s Roar are welcome, but no one will be turned away for a lack of funds.
Getting To Mt. Wanda from Sacramento
- Take I-80 and head east on Highway 4.
- Exit at Alhambra Avenue and turn left.
- Go 0.1 mile and make a sharp right onto Franklin Canyon Road.
- Park in the lot at the intersection of Alhambra Avenue/Franklin Canyon Road as soon as you pass the train track above.
Note: A Benicia Bridge Toll of $6 is required for the return trip if you are going through the bridge
Mt. Wanda and John Muir National Historic Site is located in Martinez (approximately 1.5 hours away from Sacramento). For more information about Mt. Wanda and John Muir National Historic Site, please see the links below:
A carpool from Sacramento will be available upon coordination. If you are willing to drive and can take fellow travelers, please let Hollie know.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Hollie.