Home Forums Lions Roar Dharma Center Forum Refuge students with Pets

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

so I have this fun idea. Since taking refuge we get a new name, I thought Titan my canine companion should also have the honor. Due to the increased meditation , study time, chanting and incense burning he endures. 😊

Titan was adopted from difficult life circumstances and came with the name. So far the only thing I have come up with is Descartes. Because I am not sure he can see beyond duality but looks at me with great interest from time to time as if trying to figure something out.

any thoughts on naming pets?

• JamesMeyer
      Participant

• JamesMeyer
      Participant
    • ElizabethZima
      Participant

Fingers?

He seems to be using his tongue like a finger.

Elizabeth

• JamesMeyer
      Participant

Lol! Titan dog uses he tongue all the time. So far you have the leading name Elizabeth.

• SusanFarrar
      Participant

Maybe ask Geshe Damcho about a name – maybe Mongolian or Tibetan for loved one, saved one, like that.

• JamesMeyer
      Participant

Great idea Susan!

• EllenWolfe
      Participant

We were going to have a dharma pet day. Perhaps we should resurrect that effort, get Lama or Gesha La to meet our pets and given them dharma names. 🙂

• JamesMeyer
      Participant

Great idea. I saw a cat blessing posted on the wall.

• EllenWolfe
        Participant

I’m sorry that i’ll miss the cat blessing while I’m away this week. But I’m glad to know that I’m not missing the dog blessing.  Please let me know when that is so that I can put that on my calendar in pen. 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.