Home Forums Lions Roar Dharma Center Forum Google Meet For Group Practice — Vajrasattva Sadhana

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Vajrasattva Practice: Sadhana:
      Not the Moon Practice

On Thursday, we will be doing the Vajrasattva sadhana practice together using Google Hangouts Meet. This is not the format used for moon practice. For this we use the Vajrasattva practice booklet. Three of us have been practicing this together for quite a while every Thursday at 8:00 p.m. in our homes. You are invited to join us this Thursday at 8:00 p.m. for an online version of the practice, but you must let us know in advance so you can be sent an invitation to join the meeting/practice.

There are a few pieces to this:

The Practice Text

If you don’t have a copy of the text but want to attend, I will email you a scan of the one I have.

Invitation

Please email me at dirk@dirk-johnson.com that you plan to attend so that I can email or text you the invitation. If you want the invitation via text rather than email, please be sure to send me your cell phone number.

Arrival Time

We will try to begin promptly at 8. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early so we can make sure all systems are go. I will start the meeting at 7:30.

About how we’ll use Hangouts Meet

During the COVID-19 response, Google is making their enterprise version of Meet available to any G Suite subscriber. Using the enterprise edition, up to 250 people can attend an online video meeting. I am a subscriber to G Suite Business, so even without the COVID-19 offering I can host up to 150 people per meeting.

Connecting Once You Have an Invite

Android and iOS Apps, computer browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge), or voice telephone 

Here’s an example invitation from a test I did today (I’ve modified details so it won’t work) now:

To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/rqz-bci8-xqo
      Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 555-706-5749 and enter this PIN: 870 217 765#
      To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel00.meet/rqz-bcib-xqo?hs=5

If you receive an invite similar to the one above:

• On your phone clicking the link will launch an installation of the app and connect to the session after the installation;
      • On your computer clicking the link will launch a connection to the session in your browser;
      • If you call a number instead of using the link, you will connect to the meeting as a phone call.

It’s pretty straight forward, but it’s good to arrive at the practice (meeting) early to be sure kinks are worked out before the practice begins.

Hangouts Meet for Other Group Practices

I’m happy to use my G Suite account for other practice groups, but I will have to initiate the meeting itself. If you’re a group leader and want to do this, please let me know. I’ll be glad to help.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.