Invitation to Join Our June Right Livelihood Series:
The Attentive Life: The Science Behind Mindfulness
Join us for this three-week, Thursday early evening series on Right Livelihood – an invitation to pause and reflect deeply, and increase our understanding of our journey as individuals and leaders. This three-week session will focus on the scientific mechanisms of, and results of, mindfulness practices.
Three Thursdays in June: June 16th, 23rd, 30th from 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm
Topics will include:
- Neuroscience and Neuroplasticity: What happens in the meditating brain?
- Scientifically measured benefits of mindfulness practices
- Self awareness, emotional awareness, intuition and luck
Through discussion, meditation, and other mindfulness practices, The Attentive Life series will offer insight and experiential exercises to support bringing ones full self to life.
Logistics: Sessions will begin right at 5:30 pm. Arrive 15 minutes early to settle in. Recommend bringing a writing journal. Sessions will be in the Community Room in the back with light refreshments.
Suggested Donation: One time $20 for any or all of the three evening sessions, however no one will be refused for financial reasons. Donations cover the operating costs for the facilities and dharma center.
Facilitator: Ellen Wolfe is a Lion’s Roar practice leader and is a certified Search Inside Yourself instructor. In her “spare” time she runs an energy consulting company, and enjoys her sons (ages 13 and 30), husband, dog, 5 chickens, one-acre suburban home, and 900-acre ranch.
For more information on future Right Livelihood Program sessions or other question please email Ellen at email@example.com.
Please print and share the flyer for this event: Summer_RightLivelihoodJune2016
About Right Livelihood
Right Livelihood, part of the Buddhist Eight-Fold Path, involves finding a way to be in the world while maintaining your ideals of love and compassion. The ways you conduct yourself in your work, home and community can be an expression of your deepest self, or it can be a source of suffering for yourself and others.
The Right Livelihood Program is designed for those who wish to avoid any or all of the following:
- Acting on anger
- Lack of balance
- Being stopped by failure or fear
- Making bad choices
The Right Livelihood Program will offer training and practices to support learning to thrive—not just survive—and live in accord with our deepest values requires introspection and inner qualities of stillness, compassion and wisdom. These disciplines are especially important in the midst of pressure and change. In this series, participants will be introduced to integral and multidisciplinary approaches designed to inspire and inform a new generation of leaders seeking to develop their capacity to respond to myriad changes, challenges, and opportunities.
Resting on the deep wisdom of Buddhist wisdom traditions and teachings this course applies meditation practices and Buddhist wisdom and connects these practices to applications from leading-edge business leadership development programs from around the globe and to scientific research on advanced human performance. We will explore the choices one makes in their livelihood or profession; how to walk a path that is beneficial and avoid taking actions that could be harmful.
The Right Livelihood Program is designed for employees of public, private and non-profit organizations and those who wish to serve an influential role in their family, community or simply in their own lives. The program is for those interested in gaining any of the following.
- Deep personal practices of stillness, focus and awareness
- Skills and insights necessary for bringing a deeper wisdom and honesty to work
- New expressions of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Executive presence, intention, and mastery of attention in your life activities and well-being
- Your highest potentials, most heartfelt values, and personal mastery intentions
- The ability to manage your performance zone to optimize performance in the midst of change
- Insights from the neurobiology of leadership and mind science research to promote greater mind fitness, confidence, and skillfulness in your life and work
- An integration of your work in the world with your inner work
- Insights necessary to live and work with a greater sense of dynamic balance
- Clarity regarding how to be a good boss, leader, or mentor andhow you can support and inspire others in times of change
For more information on future Right Livelihood Program sessions or to RSVP please email Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org or for dates and times go to our calendar.